Man City will look to kick on in the Premier League with another comfortable victory as they host Scott Parker’s Fulham in Manchester. Okan Iskin offers his betting tips for the upcoming Saturday afternoon clash at the Etihad.
Who is playing?
Manchester City vs Fulham
What competition is it?
Premier League Match Week 11
What time is Manchester City vs Fulham?
17:00 GMT, Saturday 5th December 2020
Which stadium is hosting Manchester City vs Fulham?
Etihad Stadium, Manchester, United Kingdom
What channel is Manchester City vs Fulham on?
BT Sport 1
Manchester City vs Fulham Summary
Considering Man City were smashing the Premier League and securing 100 points two seasons ago, the drop off has been far more significant that many could imagine so far this season. Despite a game-in-hand, City have already lost twice this season and have dropped points on three occasions. Playing catchup in a season as unpredictable as this might not be a bad thing however, and City looked more like their usual self against Burnley last time out, putting five past the Clarets.
For Fulham, their 2-1 win against Leicester showed they can see out difficult periods of games against tough opposition. Having been the better side for most of the game, the defensive line still were very close to being punished, which would be been a huge psychological blow if they had not picked up all three points at the King Power Stadium. It was their first away win of the season and with seven points on the board, Scott Parker and the Cottagers can take confidence going into the festive period that they can collect points on the road.
Manchester City Team News and Form
Following Man City’s recent 5-0 win against Burnley, it would be difficult to expect anything other than a similar performance from The Citizens against the worst defence in the league (17 goals conceded in 10 games). Pep Guardiola’s men have put the Leicester result behind them and have won four of their last five matches at the Etihad, with their only points being dropped against Liverpool in a 1-1 draw.
After a heavy period of injuries being picked up, it seems the likes Sergio Aguero is the only injury concern for now for Pep Guardiola after his knee has not fully recovered. With that in mind, Gabriel Jesus is likely to make another start down the middle, whilst the recently recovered Benjamin Mendy will look to make it two goals in two games.
Fulham Team News and Form
It looks like Fulham has finally proved the critics after their impressive 2-1 win against Leicester City last time out. The significance of holding onto that win was massive for Scott Parker’s side as the Cottagers face Liverpool after this rather one-sided clash against Man City. It is an opportunity to see how resilient this Fulham side are becoming, with their number of goals conceded finally decreasing.
Fulham should be able to field as close to a first choice lineup as possible as they don’t have many injuries at the moment. Kenny Tete, suffering from the calf injury, is the only one of three concerns for Scott Parker, with fellow Dutchman Terence Kongolo and former Spurs youngster player Josh Onomah also missing through injury.
Man City Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- FC Porto (A) 0-0 Champions League draw
- Burnley (H) 5-0 Premier League win
- Olympiacos (A) 0-1 Champions League win
- Tottenham (A) 0-2 Premier League win
- Liverpool (H) 1-1 Premier League draw
Fulham Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- Leicester City (A) 1-2 Premier League win
- Everton (H) 2-3 Premier League defeat
- West Ham (A) 1-0 Premier League defeat
- West Brom (H) 2-0 Premier League win
- Crystal Palace (H)1-2 Premier League defeat
Man City’s Top Goalscorer
- Riyad Mahrez (4 Premier League goals this season) – Mahrez has started seven of his nine Premier League games for Man City this season. His stunning hat-trick has been the headline of the last week, and he is certainly now under the radar as the fans simply want more masterclass from the agile Algerian.
- Gabriel Jesus (2 Premier League goals this season) – The Brazilian has so far spent more time in the rehabilitation centre rather than on the pitch as he has played less than 50% of his games this season. However, with Sergio Aguero still missing the game time due to his injury, he is yet again expected to start from the first minute for the fourth consecutive game. Moreover, he has contributed to two goals in his last three league matches.
Fulham’s Top Goalscorers
- Bobby Reid (3 Premier League goals this season) – The Jamaican has had an impressive start to the season and recently has been registering high notes from the critics. He has won the penalty last game and scored an equalizer against Everton. However, his nominal position is still under the question as Scott Parker is still experimenting with the 27-year-old on many positions; these include: right-winger, left-winger, attacking midfield, striker and most recently right-back.
- Ademola Lookman (2 Premier League goal this season) – The Englishman has impressed many this season with his on-pitch performance and maturity which he developed in Everton and then in Leipzig. Although the Englishman is currently on loan at Fulham, he has certainly caught an eye of many in the club and beyond. The question now is If Fulham have enough quality to maintain in the English top-tier which could be decisive in extending Lookman’s stay in London for another season or more. After all, he has been involved in three goals in his seven total Premier League appearances and has been crucial in storming opponents’ defence on the left-wing so far this season.
- Man City haven’t conceded a single goal in their last five games against Fulham.
- Fulham have missed scoring only once in their last five games.
- Fulham have won only one away game this season, which was against Leicester on 30th November. The final result of the game was 2-1 for The Cottagers.
- Scott Parker’s team has confronted Guardiola’s men two times in the past. All of these confrontations have ended as a defeat for the Englishman so far.
|26th January 2020||MCI 4-0 FUL||FA Cup|
|30th March 2019||FUL 0-2 MCI||English Premier League|
|1st November 2018||MCI 2-0 FUL||EFL Cup|
|15ht September 2018||MCI 3-0 FUL||English Premier League|
|22nd March 2014||MCI 5-0 FUL||English Premier League|
Okan’s Betting Tips
Man City has secured five clean sheets in their last five meetings against Fulham. Man City have scored at least once in every home league match so far this season.
Fulham have failed to score in three of their last five away matches in the Premier League. Fulham have failed to score in their last six visits to the Etihad Stadium.
Man City scored five goals in their last Premier League home match against Burnley. Three of the last six meetings between Man City and Fulham have featured over 3.5 goals.
Fulham has also the worst defence in the league, conceding 17 goals in 10 league games. Fulham have kept just one clean sheet from their first 10 Premier League games this season.
Man City has shown us their love for early goals this season. They have scored 10 first-half goals in nine league games so far, including three first-half goals against Burnley last time out.
Fulham have conceded nine first half goals so far this season. In their last defeat, they conceded three first half goals to Everton.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Friday 4th December 2020) are subject to change.
Thank you for reading. For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.