Premier League football returns this weekend as the 2020/21 season kicks off. Spurs and Everton will both be looking to start the new season with a win.
Who is playing?
Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton
What competition are Spurs and Everton playing in?
Premier League Matchweek 1
What time is kick off between Spurs and Everton?
16:30 GMT, Sunday 13th September 2020
Which stadium is hosting Spurs vs Everton?
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
What channel is Spurs vs Everton on?
Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League
Spurs vs Everton Summary
Spurs and Everton face each other on the opening weekend of the 2020/21 Premier League season. Both sides will want to improve on last season and get off to winning starts.
Spurs lost 2-1 away to Watford at the weekend in their final pre season friendly. Goals from Andre Gray and Dominingos Quina for Watford inflicted Spurs’ first defeat of pre season.
Meanwhile, Everton won their final pre season friendly at the weekend, 2-0 at home to Championship side Preston North End thanks to goals from Dominic Calvert-Lewin and youngster Jonjoe Kenny.
Spurs Team News and Form
Spurs ended the 19/20 season well, so will look to carry that excellent form on into the new season. After the restart, they only lost one game was away to Sheffield United. From their other eight games they won five and drew three of them. Spurs have also won three of their four pre-season friendlies, although they were all against lower opposition.
In Spurs’ final pre season friendly, Andre Gray added to Dominingos Quina’s opener with a penalty as Watford took a 2-0 lead into half-time and despite Son scoring a penalty and having a shot saved late on and Dele’s appeal for a further spot-kick waved away, it was the hosts who claimed the victory at Vicarage Road.
Spurs don’t have any injuries or suspensions and have a full squad to choose from, but Jose Mourinho will hope all his players come through the latest round of international matches unscathed. Youngster Oliver Skipp joined Norwich City on loan for the 20/21 season.
Everton Team News and Form
Everton had a very mixed end to the season after the restart. They only won three times, which were all by one goal margins against relegated Norwich, Sheffield United and Leicester. They also drew three times and lost three times. In pre season, Everton drew 3-3 away to League One Blackpool and won 2-0 at home to Championship side Preston North End.
Against League One Blackpool, Everton came from three goals down to draw 3-3. Dominic Calvert-Lewin started the comeback from a Gylfi Sigurdsson corner. Sigurdsson then followed that up with two goals of his own, one from the penalty spot and the other a free kick. Against Preston, Jonjoe Kenny scored his first senior goal for Everton. Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored Everton’s second as he forced the ball home from a Richarlison cross.
Defender Mason Holgate is doubtful with a toe injury. Jean-Philippe Gbamin is ruled out with an Achilles injury and they rule Cenk Tosun out with a knee injury.
Spurs Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Watford (a) 2-1 Pre-season Friendly defeat
- Birmingham (h) 1-0 Pre-season Friendly win
- Reading (h) 4-1 Pre-season Friendly win
- Ipswich (h) 3-0 Pre-season Friendly win
- Crystal Palace (a) 1-1 Premier League draw
Everton recent matches:
- Preston North End (h) 2-0 Pre-season Friendly win
- Blackpool (a) 3-3 Pre-season Friendly draw
- Bournemouth (h) 1-3 Premier League defeat
- Sheffield United (a) 0-1 Premier League win
- Aston Villa (h) 1-1 Premier League draw
Spurs Top Goalscorers
- Heung-Min Son (18 goals in all competitions in 19/20) – Son’s goals came from 28 Premier League starts and 35 starts in all competitions.
- Harry Kane (24 goals in all competitions in 19/20) – Kane’s goals came from 29 appearances in the 2019/20 Premier League season and 34 appearances in all competitions.
Everton Top Goalscorers
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (15 goals in all competitions in 19/20) – The 2019/20 season was the young striker’s breakthrough, with a career best 15 goals in all competitions from 41 appearances.
- Richarlison (15 goals in all competitions in 19/20) – Just like Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison’s goals came from 41 appearances in all competitions in 2019/20.
- Spurs and Everton have played each other 185 times. Spurs have won 69 of those games, there have been 57 draws between the two sides and Everton won 59 of the games.
- Both managers are starting their first full season’s in charge of their respective clubs.
|6th July 2020||TOT 1-0 EVE||Premier League|
|3rd November 2019||EVE 1-1 TOT||Premier League|
|12th May 2019||TOT 2-2 EVE||Premier League|
|23rd December 2018||EVE 2-6 TOT||Premier League|
|13th January 2018||TOT 4-0 EVE||Premier League|
Matthew’s Betting Tips
Spurs to win either half is 4/9* with Mark Jarvis. Spurs had a good end to the season and had a solid pre season.
Spurs to win and carry on the form they finished last season in is 17/20* with Mark Jarvis.
Heung Min Son scored four goals in four games in pre season. Son is 8/5* to score anytime against Everton with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Wednesday 9th September 2020) and subject to change.
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.