Inter Milan take on Bayer Leverkusen in a blockbuster quarterfinal matchup. We preview this last eight tie from Germany which could see either team handed an easier Semi-Final opponent.
Who is playing?
Inter Milan vs Bayer Leverkusen
What competition is it?
UEFA Europa League Quarter Final
What time is Inter vs Bayer Leverkusen?
20:00 GMT, Monday 10th August 2020
Which stadium is hosting Inter vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Merkur Spiel-Arena, Dusseldorf, Germany
What channel is Inter vs Bayer Leverkusen on?
BT Sport 2
Inter Milan vs Bayer Leverkusen Summary
Bayer Leverkusen travels to Dusseldorf, Germany to take on a rejuvenated Inter Milan side under Antonio Conte. Fresh off their wins in the Round of 16 stages of the Europa League, both teams will feel that European glory is well within their reach.
Both teams have players that can make the difference, Bayer Leverkusen creative genius Kai Havertz has been going from strength to strength this season, while Romelu Lukaku has scored 30 goals in all competitions this season. A much better return following his transfer from Manchester United.
This game has all the hallmarks of an absolute classic, with both teams recognized as European giants it’ll be a game that cannot be missed. The winner will take on the winner of Shakhtar Donetsk vs FC Basel.
Inter Milan Team News and Form
Off the back of a good bounce-back season for Inter Milan finishing 2nd in the league behind Juventus, the Nerazzurri will be hopeful of claiming a European title following their exit from the Champions League.
Their dominance in the Serie A this season is demonstrated by their 63% win percentage across all games played this season. In their last five league games, they’ve won three and drawn two. In comparison with their Europa League form, winning all three of their games in the competition gives valuable evidence to show why they are one favourite for the trophy.
The only player set to miss this match is Matias Vecino. The Uruguayan midfielder is out with a knee injury. The front pair of Romelu Lukaku and Latauro Martinez are likely to start, with former Manchester United players Ashley Young looking to help Inter to the semi-finals.
Bayer Leverkusen Team News and Form
A fifth-place finish for Bayer Leverkusen isn’t exactly what they would have wanted this season, missing out on Champions League football means winning this competition is the only way to play against the elite teams in Europe.
Their record domestically as of late has left much to be desired, winning twice, drawing once, and losing twice. While they secured European football for next season, this form may worry fans over the outcome of the game against Inter Milan.
Bayer Leverkusen executives have stated Kai Havertz will play the rest of the tournament for the side, a major boost for Leverkusen. This may be the perfect opportunity for a fairytale send-off for Havertz if he is to leave in the summer. Nadiem Amiri and Paulinho are missing for B04.
Inter Milan Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Getafe (H) 2-0 Win
- Atalanta (A) 2-0 Win
- Napoli (H) 2-0 Win
- Genoa (A) 3-0 Win
- Fiorentina (H) 0-0 Draw
Bayer Leverkusen Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Rangers (H) 1-0 Win
- Bayern (H) 4-2 Loss
- Mainz 05 (H) 1-0 Win
- Hertha Berlin (A) 2-0 Loss
- FC Koln (H) 3-1 Win
Inter Milan Top Goalscorers
- Romelu Lukaku (23 Serie A goals + 3 Europa League goals) – The Belgian international has bagged 30 in all competitions so far this season; showing no signs of slowing down either.
- Lautaro Martinez (14 Serie A goals + 5 European goals) – The 22 year-0ld has built on his debut campaign with Inter showing deadly striker instincts all throughout the season.
AC Milan Top Goalscorers:
- Kai Havertz (12 Bundesliga goals + 3 Europa League goals) The German has gained a lot of attention this season, his domestic and European numbers back up the hype given to the youngster.
- Kevin Volland (10 Bundesliga goals + 1 assist in Europa League) The former Hoffenheim man has been electric during his time at Leverkusen, grabbing a further eight assists domestically.
- Inter have won five of the last six home matches
- Inter have scored in each of their last 8 European games
- Lautaro Martinez has scored every time Inter have played a German side this season
- Leverkusen have won four of the last five Europa League games
- Leverkusen have scored nine goals in four Europa League games
- Leverkusen hasn’t lost in the last 6 home games.
|19th March 2003||B04 0-2 INT||UEFA Champions League|
|10th December 2002||INT 3-2 B04||UEFA Champions League|
Jake’s Betting Tips
*Odds as of time of writing (Sunday 9th August 2020) and subject to change
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.