Friday night thrill sees five-time UEL champion Sevilla face an extremely dangerous Inter in the ultimate stage of the tournament. Okan Iskin looks ahead to this exciting clash in Cologne, having landed four tips in his last three games.
Who is playing?
Sevilla FC vs Inter Milan
What competition are Sevilla and Inter playing in?
UEFA Europa League Final
What time is kick-off between Sevilla and Inter?
20:00 BST on Friday 21st August 2020
Which stadium is hosting Sevilla vs Inter?
RheinEnergieStadion, Cologne, Germany
What channel is Sevilla vs Inter on?
BT Sport 1
Sevilla vs Inter Summary
A long-awaited night is just moments away as Europa League reaches its peak with Sevilla vs Inter clash in the ultimate stage of the tournament this Friday. The Spaniards have very much familiarised themselves with these competitions as they have lifted the trophy five times in the past. The Italians, on the other hand, have been waiting 10 years already, therefore they won’t give up that easily.
Sevilla has overcome this year’s biggest UEL title candidate Man Utd in a suspenseful 2-1 win. It was a late goal from Luuk de Jong in the 78th minute that gave the Spaniards promotion to the final. Inter unlike to Sevilla has absolutely shattered their opponent Shakhtar into pieces in a striking 5-0 win. It was Lukaku-Lautaro monstrous duet who has scored four goals in this thrilling clash. We might yet again see them put on a show in the final.
This is the ultimate stage of the Europa League in which the official winner of the tournament will be revealed. Next and last stage will be UEFA Super Cup where Sevilla or Inter will face Champions League winner at Puskas Arena in Budapest on 24th September.
Sevilla Team News and Form
Sevilla is looking forward to adding the sixth UEFA Europa League to their trophy cabinet. The last time they achieved that was in 2015/16 season, and it’s fair to say the Spaniards will give their best to repeat this. The season has ended very well for the team, ending 4th in the league and qualifying to Champions League next season is something worth celebrating. The question now is will Sevilla spoil themselves with Europa League trophy.
The Spaniards have been unbeaten in 20 games in all competitions so far. They have kept six clean sheets in their last 10 matches. They have overall missed scoring only twice in this year’s Europa League edition, however, considering them facing Inter, this shouldn’t be the easiest task this time. One of the best sides of Sevilla is their defence. They have been averaging only 0.45 goals conceded per game and not too shabby 1.82 GPG.
Lucas Ocampos is still doubtful before this game, after he picked up a knock in the second half against Man Utd in semi-finals.
Inter Team News and Form
Inter Milan have been unbelievable this season under Antonio Conte. Having ended 2nd in Serie A, reaching Coppa Italia semi-finals and the Europa League final is a great achievement for the team and the manager’s first season. The Italians have proved their force under Conte and would be considered as one candidate for Serie A triumph next season.
The famous Nerazzurri have also registered an impressive run; being unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions so far. Four out of five times they were the team to score the first goal in the game in Europa League. What strikes me the most is their offensive power; they have been averaging a mouth-watering 2.60 GPG in the competition so far. Similarly to Sevilla, they have also a rock-solid defence with them conceding only 0.40 goals per game.
Inter will play without the like of Matias Vecino because of his knee injury. Alexis Sanchez is still doubtful before the game because of his thigh causing a problem.
Head to Head
Sevilla Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Man Utd (N) 2-1 Europa League win
- Wolves (N) 1-0 Europa League win
- Roma (N) 2-0 Europa League win
- Valencia (H) 1-0 La Liga win
- Real Sociedad (A) 0-0 La Liga draw
Inter Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Shakhtar (N) 5-0 Europa League win
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen (N) 2-1 Europa League win
- Getafe (N) 2-0 Europa League win
- Atalanta (A) 2-0 Serie A win
- Napoli (H) 2-0 Serie A win
Sevilla Top Goalscorers
- Lucas Ocampos (14 La Liga goals + 1 Europa League goal) – The Argentinian has started every game in the Knockout Stage and has been a very important asset to Sevilla’s offence so far. Last time he scored was against Wolves in quarter-finals.
- Munir El-Haddadi (5 La Liga goals + 5 Europa League goals) – The Spaniard has been more considered as a super-sub at this stage of the game. Nevertheless, he is the one who scored the most goals for Sevilla in Europa League this season.
Inter Top Goalscorers
- Romelu Lukaku (23 Serie A goals + 8 European goals) – The Belgian striker has hit the net twice when playing against Shakhtar in the semi-finals last time out. Ever since joining Inter from Man Utd he has been essential from Antonio Conte in front.
- Lautaro Martinez (19 Serie A goals + 7 European goals) – Lukaku’s transfer has created a new era for the Argentinian. Numbers don’t lie as he contributed to the team’s 28 goals in all competitions this season. He has also scored two goals in the last game against Shakhtar.
- Sevilla have won Europa League trophy three times in the past decade.
- Both Julen Lopetegui and Antonio Conte have never won Europa League. It would be a delightful addition to their trophy cabinet.
- Both teams, no matter of the result of this final, will play in Champions League next season.
This is the first time both teams will face each other.
Okan’s Betting Tips
Sevilla is unbeaten in 20 games and Inter in 11 games. However, it is the Italians who come up as a better opponent in this clash. Inter or Draw is 3/10* with Mark Jarvis.
Four out of five times they were the team to score the first goal in the game in Europa League. Inter Milan first to score is 4/5* with Mark Jarvis.
Lukaku has finished Serie A season as the club’s top-scorer with 23 goals. He has also scored in every Europa League game this season so far. Romelu Lukaku anytime scorer is 6/5* with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Thursday 20th August 2020) and subject to change
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.