Bayern takes on Sevilla in a bout between the two European champions from the previous campaign. We preview the teams and potential outcomes for this Super Cup clash. We provide tips for this one-off clash between the Spanish and German sides.
Who is playing in the 2020 UEFA Super Cup?
Bayern Munich vs Sevilla
What competition is the match between Bayern Munich and Sevilla?
UEFA Super Cup
What time is the UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich vs Sevilla?
20:00 GMT, Thursday 24th September 2020
Which stadium is hosting the UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich vs Sevilla?
Puskas Arena, Budapest, Hungary
What channel is the UEFA Super Cup Bayern Munich vs Sevilla on?
BT Sport 1
Bayern vs Sevilla Summary
Fresh from a treble-winning season last season, Bayern will come into the game as favourites for the Super Cup. They began the campaign last weekend with an 8-0 thumping of Schalke with Gnabry, Lewandowski and Leroy Sane stealing the show, showing why they are the Champions of Europe.
After a top four finish last season in La Liga, Sevilla were crowned Europa League champions,. They once again claimed the trophy that has become synonymous with the club over the past few seasons. They will look to give Munich a run for their money Thursday night.
Bayern Team News and Form
Bayern Munich finished with 82 points, a very impressive return. The Bavarians only lost four games out of 34 which shows just how dominant of a force Bayern Munich are in the Bundesliga.
Remarkably, Munich won 76% of all games they played in the Bundesliga last year, one of the best records in Europe. They began this campaign with an 8-0 win over Schalke too, a sign of things to come, perhaps?.
With a goal difference last season of +68, that figure will be higher this season, with Robert Lewandowski looking to extend his goal-scoring record from last year. Not to mention Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman waiting in the wings, and the addition of Leroy Sane only bolsters their attacking options.
Flick’s Munich has no notable injuries to report, the only player on the sideline is former PSG defender, Tanguy Nianzou.
Sevilla Team News and Form
Sevilla has lost attacking fullback Sergio Reguilón for this season, but they have got more than enough firepower in the squad to give the Bavarians an excellent test come Thursday night.
The Europa League winners are back in champions league football once again. Sevilla has got a fantastic set up under former Spain and Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui with brilliant players such as Suso and Luuk de Jong.
Add in the addition of Ivan Rakitic and Real Madrid playmaker Oscar Rodriguez, UEFA Super cup glory may not be as farfetched of an idea for Lopetegui and his players. There are no injuries in the Sevilla squad, therefore expect a full strength line up on Thursday against Bayern Munich.
Bayern Munich Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Schalke (H) 8-0 Bundesliga win
- PSG (N) 1-0 Champions League Final win
- Lyon (N) 3-0 Champions League win
- Barcelona (N) 8-2 Champions League win
- Chelsea (H) 4-1 Champions League win
Sevilla Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Levante (H) 3-2 La Liga win
- Inter Milan (A) 3-2 Europa League Final Win
- Manchester United (A) 2-1 Europa League win
- Wolves (A) 1-0 Europa League win
- Roma (H) 3-2 Europa League win
Bayern Munich Top Goalscorers:
- Robert Lewandowski (34 Bundesliga goals in 2019/20 + one goal in 2020/21 in Bundesliga) – One of the best strikers in world football, if not the best.
- Serge Gnabry (12 Bundesliga goals in 2019/20 + three goals in Bundesliga 2020/21) – A player who has come on leaps and bounds at Bayern Munich, a player at the top of his game at the moment.
Sevilla Top Goalscorers:
- Lucas Ocampos (15 goals in 2019/20) – The Argentine has added some much-needed flair and goal threat to Sevilla’s side since joining the team recently.
- Munir (10 goals in 2019/20) – The former Barcelona academy graduate has been lighting up defences in Seville this season.
- Bayern Average 19.32 shots per game, the highest average in Europe
- Bayern Munich hasn’t lost in the league since December 2019
- Bayern have scored 20 goals in their last four competitive matches
- Sevilla have won their last four consecutive European matches.
- Sevilla have scored two or more goals in 38% of their La Liga games last season.
|11th April 2018||BAY 0-0 SEV||Champions League|
|3rd April 2018||SEV 1-2 BAY||Champions League|
Jake’s Betting Tips
Bayern will be hands down favourite to win and Lewandowski will look to get in on the action in front of the goal. Lewandowski to score anytime is 2/5* with Mark Jarvis.
Both sides are good prolific in front of goal, we expect this tie to be a shootout. Over 3.5 goals is 4/5* with Mark Jarvis.
Bayern Munich are a wrecking ball in the footballing world, and Sevilla may be next on the list to feel the wrath of their ruthless attack. Bayern to score over 3.5 goals is 15/8* with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (22nd September 2020) are subject to change.
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.