After a clumsy start of the season, Man Utd faces Brighton at the AMEX Stadium this Saturday. After disappointingly losing against Crystal Palace, the Red Devils look ahead to step up and seal much needed three points. Okan Iskin tips this early kick off, having landed tips in his previous two previews.
Who is playing?
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United
What competition is it?
Premier League Matchweek 3
What time is Brighton vs Man Utd?
12:30 GMT, Saturday 26th September 2020
Which stadium is hosting Brighton vs Man Utd?
AMEX Stadium, Brighton, England
What channel is Brighton vs Man Utd on?
BT Sport 1
Brighton vs Man Utd Summary
It’s the opening game of the third match week where Brighton hosts Man Utd at AMEX Stadium. The most recent confrontation has ended 3-0 for Man Utd and it would mean splendid news If Ole’s men could repeat that same feat.
Brighton has won three out of 12 confrontations against the ‘Big Six’ last season and If never it is the best time for The Seagulls to seal another win. The advantage of playing at home, Man Utd’s poor form in pre-season and now in Premier League and Brighton’s impressive run could be the big factors affecting the result.
It is the same old story with Man United who has also lost to Crystal Palace in Premier League at the beginning of last season. They have also produced only three wins out of 10 possible at this time of the competition last season. However, starting with the likes of Bruno Fernandes and new signing, Donny van de Beek from the get-go of the Premier League campaign could translate into positive results.
Brighton Team News and Form
It will please Graham Potter that his side took positives from their first day defeat to Chelsea. They played fairly well and caused Frank Lampard’s men a lot of problems on the night despite the 3-1 scoreline for the Blues. The Seagulls are coming off the back on a 3-0 away win at Newcastle United, with an explosive start at St James’s Park, seeing Brighton race into a quick two-goal lead inside seven minutes.
With Manchester United still not at 100% match sharpness, Potter’s men will seek this match as an opportunity to make it back-to-back wins and make the early season statement that they are not a team that are going to be fighting relegation.
Unfortunately for the south coast club, they will be without Yves Bissouma, who received a red card late on against Newcastle. Other than Florin Andone and Jose Izquierdo, Brighton have a healthy squad at their disposal.
Man Utd Team News and Form
Despite the clumsy start last season, Man Utd have domestically played their second-best Premier League season since Sir Alex Ferguson’s departure in 2013. We expect nothing less from Ole’s men who have set the bar higher since finishing 3rd in the league and reaching semi-finals in the FA Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League.
Man Utd have lost none of their last five away games in the league in which they have registered an impressive 2.20 GPG, kept four clean sheets and conceded only one goal. They did eventually get the better of Luton Town in the EFL Cup earlier in the week, but once again the signs were clear that the squad players at United are not good enough.
The pressure is mounting on the board not only from the fans but also ex-players, including Patrice Evra. Anything but a win here could ignite another frustrating feud between the board and the fans about the lack of investment in the squad.
Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe are out for Solskjaer’s men. The pressure is mounting on the centre-back pairing of Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof, who will hope to perform well on the south coast.
Brighton Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Preston North End (A) 0-2 EFL Cup win
- Newcastle United (A) 0-3 Premier League win
- Portsmouth (H) 4-0 EFL Cup win
- Chelsea (H) 1-3 Premier League defeat
- West Brom (H) 0-0 Club Friendly draw
Man Utd Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Luton Town (A) 0-3 EFL Cup win
- Crystal Palace (H) 1-3 Premier League defeat
- Aston Villa (A) 1-0 Club Friendly defeat
- Sevilla (A) 2-1 Europa League defeat
- Copenhagen (H) 1-0 Europa League win
Brighton Top Goalscorers:
- Neal Maupay (10 Premier League goals last season) – The Frenchman has bagged a doublet against Newcastle in the last Premier League fixture. He has been extremely crucial for Brighton ever since joining from Brentford one year ago.
- Leandro Trossard (5 Premier League goals last season) – The Belgian has scored Brighton’s first goal in Premier League this season. He is a very versatile player who has no problem to play on either both wings or up-front paired up with Neal Maupay.
Man Utd Top Goalscorers:
- Anthony Martial (17 Premier League goals last season) – Man Utd’s very own number nine has had the best season in his career so far. He has scored 23 goals in all competitions in total and now certainly looks ahead to breaking this record.
- Marcus Rashford (17 Premier League goals last season) – The Englishman has been a strong figure in Ole’s squad last season and despite playing most of the season on the left wing he has scored the same amount of goals as Martial.
- Brighton have hosted three Premier League games against Man Utd and won two of them
- Brighton haven’t drawn in their last four matches and United in their last six
- Manchester United lost their first home game of the season for the first time since 2014/15
- Donny van de Beek became the 20th player to score on his Manchester United Premier League debut
|30th June 2020||BHA 0-3 MUN||Premier League|
|10th November 2019||MUN 3-1 BHA||Premier League|
|19th January 2019||MUN 2-1 BHA||Premier League|
|19th August 2018||BHA 3-2 MUN||Premier League|
|4th May 2018||BHA 1-0 MUN||Premier League|
Okan’s Betting Tips
Manchester United have scored at least one second half goal in 12 of their last 14 Premier League games. Manchester United to score in the second half is 1/2 with Mark Jarvis.
Man Utd have scored two or more goals in four out of five last games played against Brighton. Get United to score Over 1.5 goals is 4/5* with Mark Jarvis.
Young English star Mason Greenwood produced one goal and one assist against Luton Town in EFL Cup. He also scored in the last meeting against Brighton. Mason Greenwood to score anytime is 17/10* with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Friday 25th September 2020) and subject to change
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.