It is the first game of the season for Ole’s men in which they will confront Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. Man Utd will try to redeem themselves for their disappointing 1-0 defeat against Aston Villa in Club Friendly. Since the start of the new Premier League season, Okan Iskin has landed two tips so far.
Who is playing?
Manchester Utd vs Crystal Palace
What competition are Man Utd vs Crystal Palace playing in?
Premier League Matchweek 2
What time does Man Utd vs Crystal Palace kick off?
17:30 GMT on Saturday 19th September 2020
Which stadium is hosting Man Utd vs Crystal Palace?
Old Trafford, Manchester, United Kingdom
What channel is Man Utd vs Crystal Palace on?
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League
Man Utd vs Crystal Palace Summary
Man Utd starts the season on their home ground, where they will host a game against Crystal Palace. United fans have been waiting for this clash; looking forward to seeing Bruno Fernandes and company in the action and also Donny van de Beek in his Premier League debut. Crystal Palace, after winning 1-0 against Southampton, is looking to extend their good run with another victory despite the odds being in favour of the opposition.
The first 19 game weeks in 2019/20 were not the best for Ole’s men; eight place with only 28 points to their name. It is, however, the second half of the season where we all witnessed a revitalised team powered by January’s new exciting signing, Bruno Fernandes. Since transferring the skilful Portuguese, United haven’t lost a single game in Premier League and ultimately finished third, leaving Chelsea or Leicester behind them.
Crystal Palace, unlikely to United, has had a very successful first half of the 19/20; sitting in 9th with only two points to Man Utd was not what we were expecting from a textbook mid-table team. What destroyed the team’s form was ironically the lockdown after which they have registered a record of 1-1-7 until the end of the season. They ultimately finished 14th.
Man Utd Team News and Form
Finishing 3rd and qualifying to Champions League has given Man Utd fans a lot of reasons to get excited about the new season. We can all give it to Ole, that he has created a very healthy and positive environment around the team; which begs the question, can he translate it into results and potentially into the desired championship this season?
Since 2019/20 Premier League season has ended, the team has suffered a setback. Getting eliminated from Europa League in semifinals by Sevilla, despite being the strongest candidate to lift the trophy and losing 1-0 to Aston Villa in a pre-season raises a question of whether the team can break the recent curse of unfortunate performances or not.
Despite registering an impressive statistic of five clean sheets in nine games in the Premier League post-lockdown, the team has been slightly underperforming ever since by stopping the opposition from scoring only once and conceding 1 goal per game. However, I can’t imagine them going blank against Crystal Palace at home since having a starting lineup comprising the likes of Rashford, Fernandes and Martial.
Pogba and Greenwood, despite already training with the team, are still in doubt before this one. We could see Donny van de Beek then, starting from the first minute in his Premier League debut after performing well in pre-season against Aston Villa.
Crystal Palace Team News and Form
After registering a very disappointing post-lockdown record of 1-1-7, The Eagles look to start the season with excellent results. They have already started their run with a 1-0 win against Southampton and are now looking to add Man Utd to their list. Last season they have confronted Ole’s side, and it was Crystal Palace who took the home three points.
Crystal Palace seems to have forgotten really quickly about their end of the season, and instead of thinking about the past, they have immediately started thinking of future; they have transferred Eberechi Eze, Nathan Ferguson, and yet again sealing Michy Batshuayi on loan from Chelsea. They have also produced an impressive pre-season with three wins and one draw. They have, however, lost against Bournemouth in EFL Cup on 15th September.
Wilfried Zaha has been the man of the headlines for Crystal Palace in the last weeks; not only because of his links with other clubs but also because of his huge contribution on the pitch lately. He has scored four goals in the last five games in all competitions and will bring an offensive threat against his former club Man Utd.
Patrick van Aanholt is still out, which gives young Mitchell another opportunity to shine, this time against Man Utd. Mamadou Sakho and Christian Benteke will return to fitness soon.
Man Utd Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Aston Villa (A) 1-0 Club Friendly defeat
- Sevilla (A) 2-1 Europa League defeat
- Copenhagen (H) 1-0 Europa League win
- LASK (H) 2-1 Europa League win
- Leicester (A) 0-2 Premier League win
Crystal Palace Last 5 Matches (All competitions)
- Bournemouth (A) 1-0 EFL Cup defeat
- Southampton (H) 1-0 Premier League win
- Brondby (H) 1-1 Club Friendly draw
- Millwall (A) 0-1 Club Friendly win
- Charlton (H) 3-0 Club Friendly win
Man Utd Top Goalscorers:
- Anthony Martial (23 goals in all competitions in 2019/20) – The Frenchman was irreplaceable last season for Red Devils; being involved in 11 goals in his last 10 Premier League games. He has scored against Crystal Palace last time out.
- Marcus Rashford (22 goals in all competitions in 2019/20) – The English forward and a role model to many youngsters, despite playing at the left-wing for most of his last season, has scored 17 goals in Premier League, as much as Anthony Martial. He has also been the lucky one to score against Crystal Palace in their last confrontation.
Crystal Palace Top Goalscorers:
- Jordan Ayew (9 goals in all competitions in 2019/20) – The Ghanaian has had his best season in Premier League so far by registering nine goals in 37 games. He also has found the net twice in a pre-season friendly against Charlton.
- Wilfried Zaha (4 goals in all competitions in 2019/20) – Zaha has been on fire lately; has scored three goals in pre-season and now against Southampton in Premier League. The Ivorian has also come very close to his second goal against The Saints, but it got ruled out by VAR check.
- Man Utd has missed scoring only once against Crystal Palace in their last 10 confrontations.
- Crystal Palace has won only one league game against Man Utd since the Premier League inception in 1992, which happened to be last season.
- Both Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial have scored goals against Crystal Palace in their latest confrontation.
|16th July 2020||CRY 0-2 MUN||Premier League|
|24th August 2019||MUN 1-2 CRY||Premier League|
|27th February 2019||CRY 1-3 MUN||Premier League|
|24th November 2018||MUN 0-0 CRY||Premier League|
|5th March 2018||CRY 2-3 MUN||Premier League|
Okan’s Betting Tips
Despite Crystal Palace’s good start to the season, I can’t imagine Man Utd losing in this one. Red Devils have won eight out of the last 10 games played against Crystal Palace. Man Utd to win is 1/3* with Mark Jarvis.
Not so long ago both teams have faced each other, and it has ended as a 2-0 win for Man Utd. Crystal Palace have averaged 0.40 GPG in the last five premier league matches. Man Utd to keep a clean sheet is 10/11* with Mark Jarvis.
The Frenchman found the net seven times in his last 10 Premier League games. He has scored against Crystal Palace in their latest confrontation. Anthony Martial anytime scorer is 5/4* with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Wednesday 16th September 2020) and subject to change.
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.