Chelsea will be looking to extend their unbeaten run to eighteen in all competitions as they travel to an out of form Everton at Goodison Park. Jack Sivill offers his betting tips for the upcoming Saturday evening clash at Goodison Park.
Who is playing?
Everton vs Chelsea
What competition is it?
Premier League Match Week 12
What time is Everton vs Chelsea?
20:00 GMT, Saturday 12th December 2020
Which stadium is hosting Everton vs Chelsea?
Goodison Park, Liverpool, United Kingdom
What channel is Everton vs Chelsea on?
BT Sport 1
Everton vs Chelsea Summary
Everton have played fourteen games so far this season in Carlo Ancelotti’s first full season in charge. The first seven were perfect with the Toffee’s winning all seven, leaving them at the top of the table at the start of October. The seven since then have been quite the opposite with Everton only winning one and losing four leaving them in a mediocre 9th. With a tough run of fixtures coming up for Ancelotti’s men, December could prove pivotal come the end of the season.
It seems Chelsea’s season has been quite the opposite compared to Everton’s, as Frank Lampard’s men had a slow start with an early defeat to Premier League Champions Liverpool and some sloppy draws against the likes of West Brom and Southampton. Although since their bore 0-0 draw to Manchester United towards the end of October, Chelsea have won eight of their last ten in all competitions leaving them in a very healthy and slightly unexpected third at this stage of the competition.
Everton Team News and Form
With Ancelotti’s tactics not being to great as of late, there’s another blow as both fullbacks Seamus Coleman and Lucas Digne will be unavailable on Saturday with no adequate replacements being available. Former Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph filled in the role at left-wing back against Burnley, but only managed to play half an hour before having to come off due to an injury and is unlikely to be available this weekend.
With Olivier Giroud finding his form under Frank Lampard, Ancelotti may look to lean towards Yerry Mina because of Giroud’s arial presence meaning Mason Holgate might miss out on the starting eleven. Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be looking to extend his lead in the race for the golden boot. The Englishman is in unbelievable form this season averaging a goal a game in the Premier League and a brace in his fixture last year will only boost his confidence under the lights at Goodison.
Chelsea Team News and Form
Chelsea are flying at the minute, after a tactical 0-0 draw against rivals Spurs and a solid 3-1 win against Leeds leaves Frank Lampard in third just two points off the top spot. Olivier Giroud is likely to start on Saturday after momentarily leapfrogging Tammy Abraham in the starting eleven after a strong run of recent form. He also has six goals in his last eight appearances against Everton which will only boost his confidence if Lampard packs him at the weekend.
With Callum Hudson-Odoi ruled out and summer signing, Hakim Ziyech coming off against Leeds last weekend that leaves Timo Werner and Christian Pulisic to partner Giroud upfront. With no other injury concerns for Lampard the only other real decision is the midfield three as both Kovacic and Havertz are both battling for one spot with Kante and Mount most likely filling in the other two. Lampard may lean towards Kovacic as Havertz is still returning to full fitness after testing positive from COVID-19 and felling very ill.
Everton Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- Burnley (A) 1-1 Premier League draw
- Leeds (H) 0-1 Premier League defeat
- Fulham (A) 3-2 Premier League win
- Manchester United (H) 1-3 Premier League defeat
- Newcastle (A) 1-2 Premier League defeat
Chelsea Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- FK Krasnodar (H) 1-1 Champions League draw
- Leeds (H) 3-1 Premier League win
- Sevilla (A) Champions League win
- Tottenham (H) 0-0 Premier League draw
- Rennes (A) 2-1 Champions League win
Everton’s Top Goalscorer
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (11 Premier League goals this season) – No one would’ve expected Calvert-Lewin to be top goalscorer of the Premier League at this point in the season but here he is in free-flowing scoring form even when Everton have not been playing at their best.
- James Rodriguez (3 Premier League goals this season) – The Columbian has started well at his new club. Like most Everton players this season he has started well and then has seemed to drop off over the last few weeks although will be hoping to either add to his goals or assists tally on Saturday.
Chelsea’s Top Goalscorers
- Timo Werner (4 Premier League goals this season) – Werner may be satisfied with the start he’s made at Chelsea. His main fault under Lampard may be his criticality; he may have scored four but has also missed a fair few decent opportunities over the last couple weeks. If he finds his range over the next few weeks I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s up their with Calvert-Lewin in the golden boot race come the New Year.
- Kurt Zouma (4 Premier League goal this season) – Who would have expected this? Chelsea’s joint highest goalscorer in the Premier League so far this season is their centre back. He’ll be more happy with a clean sheet at the weekend but could also find himself on the scoresheet if his scoring form this season is anything to go by.
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in their last three away Premier League matches
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last nine Premier League matches
- Everton have one win in their last seven Premier League matches
- Everton are unbeaten in their last three home matches against Chelsea
|8th March 2020||CHE 4-0 EVE||English Premier League|
|7th December 2019||EVE 3-1 CHE||English Premier League|
|17th March 2019||EVE 2-0 CHE||English Premier League|
|11th November 2018||CHE 0-0 EVE||English Premier League|
|23rd December 2017||EVE 0-0 CHE||English Premier League|
Jack’s Betting Tips
Chelsea to score over 1.5 Goals 8/13*
Chelsea have scored at least two goals against any club outside the ‘big six’ this season.
Everton are leaking goals left right and centre and have not kept a Premier League clean sheet since their opening day victory against Spurs.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin to Score Anytime 13/8*
With two goals in this fixture for Calvert-Lewin last season and averaging a goal a game so far this season, Calvert-Lewin could easily add to his tally at the weekend.
Chelsea to win and Olivier Giroud to score 79/50*
Both sides couldn’t be in more of a contrast of form with Everton just having one win in their last seven and Chelsea winning eight of their last ten in all competitions.
Giroud is likely to start and has scored six out his last five appearances and with Everton’s defence in tatters at the moment it wouldn’t be surprising if Giroud added to his tally.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Wednesday 9th December 2020) are subject to change.
Thank you for reading. For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.