Crystal Palace travel to Craven Cottage to face a Fulham side desperate for a win after a dreadful start to the season. Jack Sivill previews the latest clash between these two London rivals as this clash could go either way and provides his best betting tips.
Who is playing?
Fulham vs Crystal Palace
What competition is it?
Premier League Matchweek 6
What time is Fulham vs Crystal Palace?
15:00 GMT, Saturday 24th October 2020
Which stadium is hosting Fulham vs Crystal Palace?
Craven Cottage, Fulham, England
What channel is Fulham vs Crystal Palace on?
Fulham vs Crystal Palace is not shown on TV
Fulham vs Crystal Palace Summary
Fulham have not had the hardest start to the season yet sit rock bottom and are one of only four teams yet to secure a win at the start of the new Premier League campaign. Most fans would have most likely tipped Fulham to go straight back down before the start of the season and their opening 5 games have not helped their case. They now host Crystal Palace, who did the double over Fulham in the Cottagers last season in the Premier League back in the 18/19 season before getting relegated.
Crystal Palace have had an inconsistent start, although after doing the double over Fulham the last season both clubs were in the Premier League and with the Cottagers in awful form, Roy Hodgson’s side will look for a win and hoping to improve on their 14th place finish last season. With another season keeping hold of Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha and some exciting new prospects, the Eagles will be hopeful for the upcoming season.
Fulham Team News and Form
Fulham have had a miserable return to the top flight of English football, picking up just one point from their opening five fixtures in their most recent trip to Bramall Lane which ended 1-1 after the Blades equalised in the 85th minute breaking Fulham’s hopes of picking up their first three points.
As well as scoring just four goals and conceding 12, it is not the start Scott Parker would have wanted who has a lot to do if Fulham are to spend another season in the Premier League.
After making no considerable signings before the season started, it will not fill Fulham fans with any confidence after being tipped to go down before the season started by most fans and pundits. Ademola Lookman score his first Premier League goal after joining the hosts on loan from Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.
Crystal Palace Team News and Form
A mixed start from Crystal Palace who started the season off to a flyer winning their opening two games against Southampton and 13-time Premier League champions, Manchester United. Although Roy Hodgson’s side took their foot off the gas as they lost their following two fixtures against Everton and Chelsea.
A last-minute equaliser from rivals Brighton broke Palace hearts as they were held to a 1-1 leaving Hodgson’s side on a respectable seven points from a tricky opening five fixtures.
With some exciting new prospects joining Palace such as an experienced Nathaniel Clyne on a free transfer from Liverpool and Michy Batshuayi who’s yet to get his first goal for Palace after joining from Chelsea on loan, not to mention the youngster Eberechi Eze who joined the Eagles for over £15m from QPR after scoring 14 goals and making assists assists in the Championship last season. After a mixed bag of results from their opening five fixtures Palace fans will be hopeful for the new season.
Fulham Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- Sheffield United (A) 1-1 Premier League draw
- Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) 0-1 Premier League defeat
- Brentford (A) 0-3 EFL Cup defeat
- Aston Villa (A) 0-3 Premier League defeat
- Sheffield Wednesday (H) EFL Cup win
Crystal Palace Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- Brighton (H) 1-1 Premier League draw
- Chelsea (A) 0-4 Premier League defeat
- Everton (H) 1-2 Premier League defeat
- Manchester United (A) 1-3 Premier League Win
- AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-0 (p11-10) EFL Cup defeat
Fulham Top Goalscorers
- Alexander Mitrovic (2 Premier League goals this season) – The Serbian is the only player to score over one goal for the club at the start of the 20/21 season, with fellow striker Bobby Reid being the only other goalscorer in their sluggish start.
- Eberechi Eze (14 Championship goals last season) – The new signing is yet to score in his two starts and two games coming off the bench this season, although has proven to score goals for QPR last season.
Crystal Palace Top Goalscorers
- Wilfried Zaha (4 Premier League goals this season) – Crystal Palace’s main man was linked to many clubs during the recent transfer window although showed his loyalty to Palace and his fans will be grateful after almost averaging a goal a game so far this season.
- Andros Townsend (1 Premier League goal this season) – The England international has already equaled his poor season last season scoring just one goal in 24 matches, and will hope to kick on after a solid start to this season having also contributed two assists.
- Fulham have the second worst defensive record in the league so far this season conceding 12 goals
- Fulham have scored one goal in their last four matches in all competitions
- The last time Fulham beat Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage was on New Year’s Day in 2005 – the match ended 3-1
|2nd February 2019||CRY 2-0 FUL||Premier League|
|11 August 2018||FUL 0-2 CRY||Premier League|
|11th May 2014||FUL 2-2 CRY||Premier League|
|21st October 2013||CRY 1-4 FUL||Premier League|
|1st January 2005||FUL 3-1 CRY||Premier League|
Jack’s Betting Tips
Fulham have an awful defensive record this season and Crystal Palace are averaging just over a goal a game so far this season.
Wilfried Zaha has proved to carry on his fine form from recent season by scoring four in his opening five games. Crystal Palace have also won two and drawn one out of all the games he’s scored in this season.
Crystal Palace are excellent away from home and among some of the biggest and best teams in the league when it comes to taking points on the road. The Eagles scored three goals at Old Trafford and could have some joy against a Fulham defence who have already shipped 12 goals this season.
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.