Liverpool have their first test against a top-six side as they welcome Arsenal to Anfield. Jake Perry previews this matchup that has seen a plethora of fireworks in recent years whilst also providing his best betting tips for this Monday night fixture.
Who is playing?
Liverpool vs Arsenal
What competition is it?
Premier League Matchweek 3
What time is Liverpool vs Arsenal?
20:00 GMT, Monday 28th September 2020
Which stadium is hosting Liverpool vs Arsenal?
Anfield, Liverpool, England
What channel is Liverpool vs Arsenal on?
Sky Sports Main Event
Liverpool vs Arsenal Summary
Liverpool are once more the top dog in English football; they show no signs of slowing down either. A win at Anfield against Leeds with Mo Salah bagging a hat-trick will be a cause for concern for Mikel Arteta. Expect some fireworks from this game. You won’t want to miss any of the action this Monday.
Arsenal have made a good start to the season, earning wins away at Fulham and West Ham at home. Arteta has created a style of play even Arsenal Fan TV can get behind; they look hungry for success this season. Aubameyang and co will go to Anfield hoping to upset the champions and earn a difficult three points.
Liverpool Team News and Form
The Reds earned their first Premier League title last season in 30 years, a superb showing of footballing ability from Jurgen Klopp’s men. earning 99 points last season, a magnificent achievement. Salah, Mane, and Firmino once again having a glorious attacking campaign.
Under Klopp, the scousers won 84% of their games in the Premier League last year, the best in the league and one of the top records in Europe. They have made no big-name additions this season to bolster their first team, however, they already have such a dominant side, and another Premier League trophy could head to Merseyside.
Liverpool have no injuries to report and will have a full-strength squad to operate with on Monday at Anfield.
Arsenal Team News and Form
Despite finishing outside of the top six last season, Arsenal still won silverware by lifting the FA Cup last season. The hunt for Champions League football is underway and Arsenal have made a solid start to the season.
New signings Gabriel and Willian have started strong, bringing their Brazilian flair to the table. It looks like finally; we expect Arsenal to be an outsider for Champions League football and it shouldn’t be ruled out with star player Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signing a new deal at the Emirates.
Starting defenders Sokratis and Mustafi remain on the injury list for Arsenal but that void has been filled by new signing Gabriel and David Luiz looking like the player he once was at the start of the season.
Liverpool Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- Lincoln (A) 7-2 League Cup win
- Chelsea (A) 2-0 Premier League win
- Leeds (H) 4-3 Premier League win
- Blackpool (H) 7-2 Friendly win
- Arsenal (A) 1-1 Community Shield defeat (Pens 5-4)
Arsenal Last Five Matches (All competitions)
- Leicester City (A) 2-0 League Cup win
- West Ham (H) 2-1 Premier League win
- Fulham (A) 3-0 Premier League win
- Liverpool (A) 1-1 (5-4 penalties win in Community Shield)
- MK Dons (A) 4-1 Friendly win
Liverpool Top Goalscorers
- Mo Salah (19 Premier League goals in 2019/20 + 3 goals in 2020/21) – Since joining the reds, Mo Salah has become one of the most formidable attackers in the world.
- Sadio Mane (18 Premier League goals in 2019/20) – The Senegalese international was voted in the world XI for the first time in his career last season.
Arsenal Top Goalscorers
- Alexandre Lacazette (2 Premier League goals in 2020/21) – A clinical forward that has made a prolific start to the season, Lacazette has looked superb, so far.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (1 Premier League goal in 2020/21) – One of the best in Europe in what he does for a living, an elite goalscorer.
- Liverpool have won their last four league games against Arsenal at home.
- Arsenals 2-1 win over Liverpool last July was their first win over the reds in 10 games
- Arsenal are winless against reigning Premier League champions since 2017
- Arsenal have won 100% of the matches they’ve played this season.
|28th August 2020||ARS 1-1 LIV||Community Shield|
|15th July 2020||ARS 2-1 LIV||Premier league|
|30th October 2019||LIV 5-5 ARS||EFL Cup|
|24th August 2019||LIV 3-1 ARS||Premier League|
|29th December 2018||LIV 5-1 ARS||Premier League|
Jake’s Betting Tips
Liverpool have not lost to Arsenal at home in the last four league meetings. Liverpool to win is 1/2* with Mark Jarvis.
Mo Salah bagged a hat-trick against Leeds on the opening day. I expect him to score again and Salah to score anytime is 3/4* with Mark Jarvis.
This fixture has produced multiple goals scoring feasts in the past, including a 5-5 draw last year. Liverpool, Over 2.5 goals and Over 5.5 Corners is 11/8* with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Friday 25th September 2020) are subject to change.
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.