Man Utd hosts Mourinho’s side at Old Trafford this Sunday Afternoon. Man Utd will look to secure three points after their clumsy start against Crystal Palace and a tough win against Brighton. Okan Iskin previews this clash, which has always proven to provide a huge portion of rivalry.
Who is playing?
Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur
What competition is it?
Premier League Matchweek 4
What time is Brighton vs Man Utd?
16:30 GMT, Saturday 4th October 2020
Which stadium is hosting Brighton vs Man Utd?
Old Trafford, Manchester, England
What channel is Brighton vs Man Utd on?
Sky Sports Main Event
Man Utd vs Spurs Summary
Man Utd was supposed to aim big this season but their on-pitch performance leaves much to be desired; they have conceded five goals in the last two league games. It is the same old story with Ole’s side. Last season has also started slowly with them averaging 1.30 PPG in the first 10 games. Perhaps Donny van de Beek could be the answer for Man Utd, who have been struggling with the alternatives in the midfield for some time now.
Spurs have lost to Everton in the first game week but quickly got back with striking 5-2 result against Southampton and then 1-1 against Newcastle. Mourinho’s side hasn’t also been on their best lately If not counting outstanding performances from the likes of Kane or Son in the 5-2 win.
Man Utd Team News and Form
Fully deserved 3rd place last season has seemed to be the start of something big for Man Utd, a hope of greater times to come. With the transfer market being massively affected by COVID-19, the fans expected at least a few signings to strengthen very lacking defence and create more alternatives up-front. However, the club has signed only Donny van de Beek from Ajax and the rest is still a mystery.
Man Utd has the home advantage, and it should be splendid news for the fans. The team has failed to score twice last season at Old Trafford. This season hasn’t started off the best with a loss against Crystal Palace, therefore this should be an amazing opportunity to redeem themselves.
Man Utd should start with the same old eleven. However, following Donny van de Beek’s impressive performance in the EFL Cup, I can see him starting from the first minutes this time around.
Spurs Team News and Form
Spurs have started off very mediocre this season, but the expectations can’t be as big as in case of Man Utd. They have had excellent results in post-lockdown which ultimately translated into 6th place, but it could have gone a lot worse. I believe the new transfers to be the medicine for Spurs, who have been craving for their top4 return for some time now. The club has penned contracts with Sergio Reguilon, Matt Doherty, Hojbjerg and the club legend Gareth Bale on loan.
Last season has proven several times that Spurs are not performing well in away games, where they have averaged a very disappointing 1.05 PPG compared to 2.05 PPG at home. They have also conceded seven goals in the last five away game in Premier League.
Heung Min-Son got diagnosed with thigh problems and Gareth Bale is still recovering from his injury. We expect both players to come back within two to three weeks.
Man Utd Last Five Matches
- Brighton (A) 0-3 EFL Cup win
- Brighton (A) 2-3 Premier League win
- Luton Town (A) 0-3 EFL Cup win
- Crystal Palace (H) 1-3 Premier League defeat
- Aston Villa (A) 1-0 Club Friendly defeat
Spurs Last Five Matches
- Maccabi (H) 7-2 Europa League win
- Chelsea (H) 1-1 (5-4) EFL Cup win
- Newcastle (H) 1-1 Premier League draw
- Shkendija (A) 1-3 Europa League win
- Southampton (A) 2-5 Premier League win
Man Utd Top Goalscorers
- Bruno Fernandes (1 Premier League goal this season) – Bruno’s crucial goal and assist in a 3-2 win against Brighton last time out proved once again his importance for Red Devils.
- Marcus Rashford (1 Premier League goal this season) – The Englishman has scored his first Premier League goal this season against Brighton, while Anthony Martial is still struggling to find the net.
Spurs Top Goalscorers
- Hueng Min-Son (4 Premier League goals this season) – The Korean has put on a breath-taking performance against Southampton with four goals scored in less than 30 minutes. The sad news is that the agile winger has suffered an injury in the next match against Newcastle and will be out for at least another two to three weeks.
- Harry Kane (1 Premier League goals this season) – The famous ‘Hurricane’ has stormed Premier League with assists rather than with goals. He has recorded five assists and scored only one goal in the league so far.
- Mourinho still hasn’t won against Man Utd since being appointed Spurs manager.
- Spurs have kept only one clean sheet in the last 10 games in all competitions.
- Man Utd have failed to score only once since their goalless draw against Wolves on 1st February.
- There have been exactly 3.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 10 Premier League games.
|19th June 2020||TOT 1-1 MUN||Premier League|
|4th December 2019||MUN 2-1 TOT||Premier League|
|25th July 2019||TOT 1-2 MUN||International Champions Cup|
|13th January 2019||TOT 0-1 MUN||Premier League|
|27th August 2018||MUN 0-3 TOT||Premier League|
Okan’s Betting Tips
Man Utd have scored in the second half in every single game since 2020/21 season start. Man Utd to score in the second half is 8/15* with Mark Jarvis.
There has been an average of 2.70 GPG in Spurs’ last 10 Premier League games. Over 2.5 goals is 4/5* with Mark Jarvis.
The Portuguese was the sole scorer in a 1-1 draw against Spurs on 19th June. He has also scored one of the three goals against Brighton in the last Premier League game. Bruno is the first-pick in penalties, which is an enormous advantage. Bruno Fernandes to score anytime is 15/8* with Mark Jarvis.
*Odds as of the time of writing (Friday 2nd October 2020) and subject to change
For more content, head to the MJ Sport Betting Guide Home.
We continue to climb the Feedspot Top 50 Betting Blogs thanks to your support. Thank you.