Whilst we’re often told to stay away from flames in our youth, the raw, wild and untamable nature of fire remains one of the natural world’s greatest wonders.
This has been encapsulated by the Flame slot game by NextGen Gaming. The slot was launched in 2018 and combines eye-catching visuals with some outstanding bonus features.
In this review, we’ll delve deeper into this game and what it offers, whilst asking whether it’s right for you.
Layout and Design – A Simple Base Game With 20 Ways to Win
Fire is the main visual theme with this slot, although there’s no doubt that the game boasts an ethereal and almost cosmic theme.
It features a transparent 5×5 reel grid against a dark and tenebrous backdrop. The slot’s neon logo sitting proudly at the top of the screen as each flame gives off an unusual purple glow.
This attractive and fluid reel grid is home to 20 fixed pay lines. They pay from left to right and can deliver some relatively generous base game wins.
This, coupled with the presence of seven innovative mini-features, creates some compelling gameplay and an RTP rate of 96.1%.
Rules and Symbols – What Do You Need to Know?
It’s important to take precautions before you play with fire, and, you must take care when setting your bet level.
You can choose an available coin size between 0.15 and 150. Therefore, you can create a scenario where you can spin the reels for as little as £0.15.
Conversely, you can set an optimal bet level of £150. You can lever the game’s ‘Autoplay’ feature to fix your stake for a predetermined number of spins.
As for the symbols, low-paying card suit icons include hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades. High playing icons include glistening flames, teardrops, lightning bolts and leaves.
This eclectic range of icons also includes creatures such as eagles, wolves and lions, with the latter classed as the slot’s highest-paying symbol and paying out up to 750 coins when you land five on a single payline.
You should also look out for the game’s ‘Flame Girl’ wild symbol, which can replace all other icons apart from the all-important bonus scatter.
Payouts and Features – Can You Win Big Without Getting Burned?
One of the most interesting aspects of this slot is its core range of mini bonus features, which can each be triggered randomly during the base game.
OK, we hear you ask, but what form do these unique features take?
Here’s our brief breakdown:
- The Cross Flare Mini-Feature: In this bonus, flames rise up to create unusual winning combinations. It pays from right to left and boosts your chances of winning.
- The Flare Up Mini-Feature: Here, flames rise up to give you wild multipliers of two, three, five, seven or 10x your current spin.
- The Fire Whirl Mini-Feature: In this case, flames rise up to cover a maximum of five reels. At the same time, all lion, wolf or eagle symbols that are engulfed in flames will award you a multiplier of up to 20-times your stake.
- The Live Embers Mini-Feature: Here, embers rise up from the flames to burn all hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades symbols on reels two, three or four. These icons will then turn wild to create additional winning combinations.
- The Spontaneous Combustion Mini-Feature: The flame heats up and upgrades all lesser picture symbols to one of the highest-paying icons.
- The Wild Inferno Mini-Feature: This bonus will be triggered when at least one wild appears anywhere on the reels. You’ll then earn one free re-spin for each wild on the reels. These icons can also expand to apply huge multipliers to your stake.
- The Firestorm Mini-Feature: Finally, this bonus will cause the inferno to rise and see all wild and bonus symbols on the middle three reels combine. This will afford you a Wild-Bonus symbol, and one that replaces other icons to increase your chances of triggering the coveted Free Games’ feature.
This is arguably the slot’s primary feature, and it’s activated when you land three bonus scatters anywhere on the reels.
At this stage, you’ll instantly be rewarded with 15 free spins. You can also re-trigger the feature to earn up to 30 free spins in total. What’s more, the seven mini-features will trigger more frequently for enhanced wins during this game, which could end with you earning a 10x multiplier with every spin.
Ultimately, this can lead to winning up to 1,213-times your stake. This significant payout is indicative of a mid-variance slot that offers exceptionally varied gameplay.
For more Slot Reviews, click here.